Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Tell Me More

Okay, we're a week before Thanksgiving in the US and I'm happy to say I've got the bulk of my holiday shopping done. I need to get a few more items then it's time to put a bow on the whole package and be done. YAY!

Had a pretty solid week of working and watching television. A new project crossed my desk and it's going well. On the television side, I started with Classic Who and watched a four-episode arc then hit a two-episode arc. Both were enjoyable.

Caught the last two episodes of Roswell: The Final Verdict. Really enjoyed this six-part series. Not sure what I'll pick up with next, but probably something else UFO related.

I watched four episodes of The Muppet Show and finished out season four. The guest hosts were Doug Henning, Andy Williams, Alan Arkin, and Diana Ross. Season five is the final run of the original show and I'm not sure what I'll watch next. Maybe some of the movies.

Enjoyed two more episodes of Fantasy Island. So far, I'm liking the new premise and how things from the past are blended into the current incarnation of the island. Based on what I've read, there's going to be a holiday episode. I'm a total sucker for stuff like that and can't wait.

Finished out season five of Peak Practice. Did not expect it to end with a house burning down, but it happened. Looking forward to starting season six. I'm at the halfway point. Yay!

Watched two more lessons of MasterClass with Brandon McMillan. He's got some great methods and I'm hoping to try some out on my furry mutts soon. I've already incorporated a couple of things and they've worked well.

Completed the first season of Glitch. I didn't see a couple of things coming and I love the twists. Looking forward to starting the second season this week. I gotta say I really feel for James and this show is like catnip because of the love triangle that isn't really a triangle and the fact that no one is a bad guy in it. That's a trope I thoroughly enjoy.

Started a new episode of Blue Heelers and have a feeling it's going to be one of those odd ones where the heelers are on opposing sides. Not sure how I'll like this one.

Finished the finale of Star Trek: Discovery. Man, what a ride the first season ended up being. I can't wait to see what the breakdowns will look like on The Ready Room.

Caught two more episodes of Chicago Med. I'm almost finished with the second season and looking forward to the third. Gotta take a moment to appreciate the episode titles. This show makes them fun.

Started a new show with The Madam Blanc Mysteries. So far, I'm hooked. I loved the first episode. Looking forward to seeing more.

Finished the second episode of Silent Witness. I have vague memories of this one and how it played out. Kind of a twisty tale.

Last but not least, I watched two more Classic Rugrats episodes. I'm trying to decide if I want to watch the holiday specials or hold off and watch as they pop up during the seasons. Stay tuned.

That's pretty much it for weekly updates. Tonight's post is from Tell Me More, a novella where the characters start out on opposite sides but end up meeting in the middle.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Shannon Tewes and Webber Dillon work for a premiere event planner and don't always see eye to eye. Shannon has a knack for putting Webber on the hot seat whenever their boss is around and Webber has several ideas of how he'd retaliate if he ever got Shannon in a compromising position.

And a snippety peek…

Shannon slid into her car, sticky from the late October Indian summer. "Well, shit." She'd really pissed Webber off.

As in totally, completely, massively. She kind of couldn't blame him. He'd somewhat called the deal about her last minute inspirations and always sliding them in unexpectedly. Her creative process sometimes gelled right before a big meeting, ideas pinging fast and furiously—yes, sometimes in her dreams.

She started the engine and set the air conditioner to max. "Usually Webber just blows up, yells, and gets over it." Not exactly what he did this time.

She liked Webber a lot. They often engaged in flirty banter, which she enjoyed because he fueled many of her fantasies. The man had talent and worked well with almost everyone. She didn't know anyone who had a bad thing to say about him. She definitely didn't … except when he got cranky about things—like her incredible ideas.

Then again, she'd never laid out a full-on tunnel the size of half a football field before. Looking at it from his perspective, she didn't blame him for being angry. Or thinking she threw stuff out at the last minute to drive him mad.

Actually, if he pulled something like that with her, she'd consider the gesture disrespectful.

She shook her head. "Jesus, Shannon. You really fucked up this time." Putting the vehicle in reverse, she backed out and waited for oncoming traffic to clear.

She tried to imagine how much work it would be to put the tunnel pieces together.

She winced. "Kind of hurts my brain." The least she could do would be to order him dinner and drop it off. "Not like it's out of my way. I have to pick up something to eat anyway."

Maybe he'd be less irritated if she tried to take off some of the burden? But first, head home, grab a shower, and get into some comfortable clothes.

I'm trying something a little different with this story and flipping a trope on its head. Shannon will end up helping Webber out of a sticky situation.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment