Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Throw in the Towel

Hope everyone had a terrific US holiday and a terrific week if not in the US. I got to spend time with my oldest and youngest kiddos and enjoyed being able to do so. I think I have two more gifts and maybe some odds and ends to pick up and I'm done with holiday shopping. Fairly pleased to be a little ahead of my usual last-minute rush.

Had a good week of television viewing. I watched another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries. This show continues to make me so happy.

Got a two-part Silent Witness watched. This is one I didn't remember and I'm glad I got to watch it.

Got a full arc of Classic Who in and started a new one. I've discovered a couple of episodes were almost an hour in this season, which is actually kind of cool.

Started a new series with Mysteries of Apollo and the first episode focused on the Apollo 13 mission and some of the in-depth history of that experience.

Began season five of The Muppet Show and watched four episodes. Gene Kelly, Loretta Swit, Joan Baez, and Shirley Bassey were the guest hosts. Final season of the original.

Caught two episodes of Fantasy Island and I'm still thoroughly enjoying the show. I think I have one left in this first season and I'll look forward to the holiday episode.

Started season six of Peak Practice. Great episode that moved the timeline ahead a little. Being at the halfway mark of the entire run is a nice accomplishment.

Enjoyed another lesson of MasterClass with Brandon McMillan. Some great tips on housebreaking that I hope to put into effect after I get my downstairs area organized.

Season two of Glitch started out with an interesting twist. This show is very twisty and turny and I like that. Looking forward to getting more information on how everything works and finding out if Sarah is another one of the risen. If so, poor James. Two women in his life? That's a lot.

Remember when I thought I finished the first season of Star Trek: Discovery? Yeah, not the case. I had two more episodes. Watched the penultimate this week and, wow, what a mix of highs and lows. This show. Just saying.

Started season three of Chicago Med. I like how they moved the timeline ahead and seeing where everyone ended up. Conor breaks my heart. April breaks my heart. Wil and Nat make me happy. The horrible new surgical resident irritates the life out of me. So far, so good. LOL

Watched another episode of The Madame Blanc Mysteries. I really love the dynamic of this show and the mystery this week ended up being terrific. Also love the overarching mystery of who killed Jean's husband. Interesting show.

That's pretty much it for this week. Tonight's post is from Throw in the Towel, a novella about competing mud run fanatics and how they end up finding their way to each other.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Taurin Beach and Craig Wallmartin are top competitors on the mud run circuit. When Craig is caught by a reporter with nothing but a towel, it gives Taurin the perfect idea for catching his attention and finally getting what she wants. Him.

And a snippety peek…

Taurin planned a truly bold move this time. She had her towel at the ready, clutched against her sternum. Craig entered the showers and caught sight of her, pausing a moment before grabbing his shower gear.

She looked around, making a show of searching for something.

Craig arched his brows. "Lose a flip-flop again?"

She snorted and paused her search. "Not this time." She messed with her towel, coming very close to showing her breasts.

He swallowed hard and quickly ducked into the men's side of the stalls.

She kept up a cursory search through the portable lockers.

Craig finished up and came out. "About earlier … for the record, I'm not that fond of all the attention."

Taurin shook her head. "You should be. You could have your pick of a different flavor every weekend."

Craig grimaced. "Yeah, not into the casual one-night thing. Not anymore."

Taurin cocked her head. "One woman kind of guy?"

He nodded. "Yeah, my juggling females days are over."

She brightened on the inside. Time to put her plan in motion.

She went back to rifling through the locker. "Dammit."

His brow furrowed. "What are you looking for?"

She glanced over her shoulder. "My fresh set of clothes. They're not with my gear."

Craig pulled his locker open. "I could loan you a shirt. Hold on."

Nice, but totally not what she wanted. "No, it's okay. I'm just around the corner." She dashed out, heading for her trailer.

"Wait!" Craig called out behind her.

She didn't, making a quick run to the camper, hoping he'd follow. She had her hand on the latch when he called her name.

"Taurin!"

She turned, noting he'd only thrown on a pair of shorts and looked incredible.

He jogged to her. "You left your stuff."

She nodded. "Yeah. Figured I'd get it after I got dressed." She looked down at the towel. "Didn't think I could manage to carry it and not lose my cover."

Craig's gaze dipped but he quickly looked back up. "Definitely not. You're in danger of losing it even now."

She smirked. If all went to plan, she'd definitely be uncovered soon.

This is so much fun to write. Taurin goes after what she wants and Craig tops her list!


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment