Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Pumpkin Patch Honeymoon (an Organic Nature short)

Still bitterly cold in Ohio, but by midweek, we'll see high forties and low fifties and lots of rain. We're going to have a lot of sick people in the near future. The back-and-forth weather is horrible for keeping folks healthy.

Busy work week again, which I'm so thankful for. I'm also working on my new venture and should have news soon. I'm hoping by February.

Decent viewing week. I didn't quite make a full run-through of all my shows, but I got very close.

Started with My Life Is Murder again. Very interesting episode with some fun backstory. I love getting more information about the characters.

Watched a holiday episode of Agatha Raisin. This one kicked off season four and it ended up being a lot of fun. I loved the mix of characters.

Finally continued my rewatch of Battlestar Galactica with the feature of Razor. We had to backtrack a little to pick up with this one. I'd forgotten how much I loved Lee in this special feature.

Caught an episode of Silent Witness, which finished up a two-parter. I feel for Jack, and I loved getting some more details about his family. I feel for what Ryan's been through, but I'm glad Jack is finished covering for his brother.

Watched another episode of Death in Paradise. This is another episode I didn't get to see, and I quite enjoyed following the clues. Looking forward to another episode

Enjoyed another episode of Elementary. Lots of twists and turns in this one. Also loved Joan trying to find Sherlock a sponsor and him not quite being able to just say he doesn't want her to leave at the end of her contract.

Caught the final episode of The Batman season one. Excellent finale with three of the big bads trying to unmask Batman. Also loved the introduction of Commissioner Gordon. Looking forward to starting season two.

Watched another episode of Classic Rugrats. Both vignettes were ones I didn't remember so nice to have something new to me.

Started season two of The Secret Life of Amy Benson and rather liked the first episode. I'm a little curious how much book detail is being left out, but I don't think it takes away from what we're seeing.

Also started an episode of VIP but didn't get to finish it. I'm not even sure what's going on yet.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Pumpkin Patch Honeymoon, an Organic Nature short.

Here's the miniblurb:

Eppie and Vin's unconventional journey comes full circle when they make a lasting commitment in the pumpkin patch where their story began. They decide a staycation will be the perfect endcap and discover during their idyllic week that passion only grows the more in love they fall.

And a snippety peek…

Eppie finished securing a makeshift awning and stepped back to gauge her newly constructed design. "This should do." At least for now.

The idea to increase privacy and separate the honeymoon sanctuary from the main house struck just as she'd crossed the yard to wait for Vin. Coupling a large tarp in a sunny orange and her hanging basket poles created a fenced-off area that blocked the view from the drive and dampened some of the noise that accompanied vehicles coming and going. Eppie tilted her head and surveyed the combination.

"If you hang those dark red and yellow mums, you'll have a showpiece."

Vin's footsteps crunched on the crushed gravel walkway.

Eppie turned and smiled. "You know, this could end up working for holiday decorations, too." She envisioned changing out the tarp color for the seasons.

Vin wrapped an arm around her. "This looks great. We could dance naked behind here and no one would know." His hip bumped hers.

Eppie laughed and angled her head upward. Vin took his cue and meshed his lips with hers. Their honeymoon had just officially started.

Easing away from him, she nodded toward the shed. "We're on the wrong side for naked dancing." And probably in the wrong time of year.

The wind had a bite to it and picked that moment to gust through the yard, kicking up some fallen leaves.

Vin's lips quirked. "So we are. Looks like Mother Nature isn't going to cooperate either." He clasped her hand and led her around the awning then swept her up into his arms.

Eppie grinned. "Mother Nature can do her worst. You and I are prepared for anything." She waited for Vin to carry her into the shed then motioned around the interior.

Vin set her down and let out a low whistle. "It's spectacular." His gaze narrowed. "Is that a tub?" He took a step forward and ran his fingers along the edge. "Where did this come from?" He glanced back over his shoulder.

Eppie grinned. "Dani found it at a closeout sale. She thought it would be perfect for our honeymoon." Her sister knew Eppie so well.

Vin waggled his eyebrows. "She made the right call. I can't wait to try this out." He pulled his shirttail free of his pants.

Eppie chuckled. "As in now?" She loved him for being in sync with her.

Vin nodded and tugged his waffle knit over his head. "Absolutely." He reached into the shower and pulled the nozzle off the hook, draped it over the edge of the copper tub, then turned the water on.

Eppie shed her shirt and pants. "I've got just the thing to add." She snagged a packet of her bath salts and sprinkled it into the spray of liquid.

Vin inhaled deeply. "Mmmm. Apple, some kind of spice … sage, maybe? And something a little deeper. Smells amazing." He shucked his pants.

Eppie bounced on her toes. "You got it! I wanted something that reminded me of a warm sweater on a fall day." Her fingers trailed in the water. "It's already selling like gangbusters." And if she tweaked the recipe a little by adding cranberry notes, she could make a merry holiday scent.

Vin shut the tap off and returned the nozzle to the shower. "Yeah, I think you pulled it off." He nodded toward the tub. "Let's soak in the atmosphere up close and personal." Grasping the rolled edge, he entered the steaming confines and held out a hand.

Eppie grasped his fingers and joined him. Vin settled down, leaning against the raised end. Eppie slid between his legs, using his chest as backrest.

She sighed and relaxed into him. "I think this might be the best gift my sister has ever given me." Her fingers swirled designs in the water.

Vin's hands ghosted over her shoulders. "Remind me to thank her." His lips brushed over the column of her throat. "We'll leave out how we christened it, though."

Eppie snorted out a laugh. "You don't have to. She already figured it would take less than five minutes for us to decide to start with a nice soak…"

This series is so much fun and I'm very excited to finish up the rest of the stories.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment