Sunday, January 7, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Parade on Main (an Organic Nature short)

Well, January in Ohio has been the usual weird warm one day, cool the next, and hey, let's throw some snow into the mix. It's not a lot of snow, but it's enough to be annoying until we get the first really good blanket of the white stuff.

Solid work week. I had a bunch of projects going and added a few to my calendar. I'm kind of excited to be delving into some new territory. I also got a lot done on my new venture and updating my website, which is very much needed. I've neglected it for far too long.

Had a decent week of television. Didn't quite make it through every show, but I got most of my current slate watched.

Stared the week with My Life Is Murder and kind of liked seeing a bit of Alexa's past even if her friend ended up being the culprit.

Caught the first part of a two-part Agatha Raisin. Enjoyed it for the most part. I'm not a fan of the whole lack of progress with Bill and Toni, but I loved having Roy back.

Finished up the second part of Silent Witness and I'm disappointed they lost Adam after a handful of episodes. What a twist though.

Watched another episode of Death in Paradise, starting the fifth season. I'm very much enjoying being able to watch all the episodes in chronological order.

Enjoyed an episode of Elementary. I kind of like the lack of boundaries and the need to establish them. This episode kind of brought that idea home in a big way.

Caught another episode of The Batman. "Grundy's Night" ended up being so much fun and it's one I didn't quite remember from my original run through.

Watched another Classic Rugrats. I actually didn't remember either of these, so it was fun to watch.

Finally, started a new episode of The Secret Life of Amy Benson. I'm enjoying this series, but I also feel like a lot is being left off the screen. Probably the biggest fallback when adapting books for viewing. That said, I love that Passionflix is doing this. So many books to choose from and they've chosen some of the very best.

That's it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Parade on Main, an Organic Nature short featuring the Memorial Day holiday.

Here's the miniblurb:

Eppie and Vin help the brother of Vin's best friend find his footing when he arrives in town to be the honored speaker at the Memorial Day parade. Vin recounts his brief stint in the military and Eppie plays matchmaker—something she swore she'd never do.

And a snippety peek…

Eppie tilted her head, her gaze tracking Lily climbing into Greg's truck. "Huh. Didn't expect that to happen." She carried a tray of used cups into the house.

Dani and Ken pulled out behind Lily and Greg and Vin entered through the side door to grab a trash bag to refill the wooden barrel outside.

Eppie caught Vin's eye. "Did you have anything to do with Greg giving Lily a ride?" Her lips quirked.

He shook his head. "I didn't, no." His eyebrows arched. "Dani did. She said both kids were crashed out in the back seat, and Lily said she didn't want to disturb them." He paused a moment. "Then … Dani suggested Greg give Lily a lift home and, of course, Hannah seconded the idea."

Eppie snorted. "So, my sister is playing matchmaker." She nodded.

Vin's eye widened. "Something tells me you might have had something to do with that, right?"

Eppie shrugged. "I may have given her a heads-up that Greg and Lily both had some wounds that needed to heal." She worried at her lower lip. "I swore I wouldn't play cupid. I probably should've kept my mouth shut."

Vin discounted the idea. "Nah. Like you said. Let nature take its course." He ducked out to put the bag in the barrel.

Eppie pondered the nudge she gave Dani, tamping down the kick of guilt creeping up her spine. "There's no harm in opening a door. Whether Lily and Greg walk through it is up to them." Right?

Vin put his arms around Eppie. "Giving them a chance is fine. It's not like you're contriving to put them in the same place at the same time or going out of your way to convince them they should hook up." He rested his chin on her shoulder.

Eppie did a slow nod. "True. The whole letting nature take its course worked for us." She turned to face him. "And we're still doing it..." Eppie grasped Vin's hand and started for the stairs.

Vin followed her up, his hands skimming along her torso. "And we have Dani to thank for introducing us…" He shrugged out of his shirt and popped the button of his pants.

Eppie grinned. "We do. And if Lily and Greg get together, she can have all the credit." She stripped off her shorts and yanked her tank top over her head.

Vin nudged her back onto the bed. "See … the only person you're playing cupid with is me." He grasped her calves and slid her butt to the edge of the mattress then dropped down to his knees.

Eppie shut up because Vin's mouth would soon be occupied with something other than talking…

This series is so much fun to write. Looking forward to getting this one finished and hopefully ready to go for a summer release.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment