Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Little Black Book

Wow, September flew by. Now that we're into fall the days always seem to go faster, probably because they're shorter and the activities tend to be jam-packed. I love the fall season so I hope I remember to take time to enjoy it.

As usual, the week got stuffed full of last-minute projects, but I did get some good viewing in. I caught The Last Ship on Monday because my brain needed time to recover from homecoming. LOL An excellent episode by the way.

I binge-watched classic Hawaii Five-0 most of the day on Sunday and it helped soothe my garbled mind. Caught another episode of Midsomer Murders and I'm almost through the season. I think I still have about seven more to watch.

Got in another episode of Babylon 5 along with The Sarah Conner Chronicles. To keep with the sci-fi theme, I also watched episodes of Birds of Prey and Lexx. Rounded the week out with Pensacola Wings of Gold and The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

Caught an all-day marathon of The Garage Sale Mysteries, too.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Little Black Book, a sexy short that spins a trope on its side a little.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Kalyn Miles is footloose and fancy free and likes it that way. She does what and who she wishes. Her current object of desire is Sid Mortimer, but he'll have nothing to do with her—especially since she wants to add him to her little black book.

And a snippety peek…

Kalyn hesitated. Would he go for her suggestion? Only one way to find out.
She propped an arm on the bar. "We spend the rest of the day and night together. That should give us time to test the waters." Please agree.
Sid considered her idea for a moment. "Sounds good. But too easy." The corner of his mouth kicked up in a sexy smirk.
Damn. He'd read her like a book.
She sighed. "Okay, I'm open to extending the deal if we're compatible after a night together." What the hell am I doing?
Sid tossed a number. "Six months. That's how long I want with you." He held her gaze, almost daring her to run.
Kalyn's eyes went wide and her heart pounded. Her brain tried to wrap around half a year… Her stomach roiled a little.
She flicked her tongue out to wet her bottom lip. "Uh, you're pretty confident there, aren't you?" His self-assurance kind of turned her on.
Sid nodded. "I am." His tone left no room for doubt.
So tempting, but also terrifying, to accept his timeframe. "No offense, but I'm not." She cracked a smile. "Baby steps, Sid." She countered with an alternative. "How about three months?" Three months! Have I lost my mind?
Sid's mouth thinned but he held out a hand. "Deal."
Kalyn blinked. "Um, okay. That was easier than I thought." She expected more haggling from him.
She went to grasp Sid's hand but he held up a finger. "With the option to extend if we're both in agreement." His brow quirked.
Kalyn laughed and took his palm to shake on the deal.
Sid pulled her close, putting his mouth by her ear. "I realize we need to be discreet, but my name is the top of your list—exclusively—during our three months." He eased away, his gaze daring her to argue.
And there it is. But not a deal breaker. She'd play by the rules because she wanted him that much.
She gave him a wide grin. "Done."

I love the back and forth with this one. Sid's not a doormat and Kalyn appreciates the fact he won't cave. I have so much fun writing these two.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment